COURTENAY LITTLE THEATRE turns SIXTY this year!!
We are inviting Expressions of Interest from
experienced directors for 2020/21 – our 61st season!
With the move to our New Space, Courtenay Little Theatre is looking for especially popular choices to help with our on-going fundraising campaign.
As usual a broad and balanced season can include dramas, comedies, musicals, mysteries, and of course a suitable production for family audiences over the Christmas holidays.
An Expression of Interest for directing should consist of
- director’s full name, contact information
- complete account of Director’s directing experience
- copy of the script
- casting and set requirements, and
- importantly – reasons for choosing the play.
Deadline for submissions: Expressions of Interest for the 2020/2021 season should be submitted to Adele Bailey of the CLT Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 SEPTEMBER 2019. Directors will be contacted by the Selection Committee to discuss further steps in the process.
NB: Directors may submit more than one script and/or Expression of Interest.
There is further guidance for writing Expressions of Interest on our website: Choosing our Plays: Guidelines for The Selection Committee.
Scheduling the 2020/2021 Season
• Fall 2020 – auditions in June, rehearsals begin in early August, show is in the Sid Williams Theatre from Sun. 27 September to Sat. 10 October.
• Christmas 2020 (Family Oriented play or musical) – auditions in August, rehearsals begin October, show is in the Sid Williams Theatre from Sun. 20 December to Saturday 2 Jan. 2021.
• Spring 2021 – auditions Dec. or Jan., rehearsals begin late Jan., show is in the Sid Williams Theatre from Sun. 28 March to Sat. 10 April. It then moves to Port Alberni for North Island Zone Festival in May (production may advance to Mainstage Festival in location TBA in July 2020) NB: Set should be MINIMAL due to time and logistical challenges at Festival