CLT Virtual Christmas Party via Zoom
Saturday, Dec 4th at 7:00pm
Link will be emailed to members prior to the event.
Join us and raise a glass to a very successful year. We have hope and optimism for 2022!
Call for Directors for 2022-2023
CLT’s Upcoming Productions
You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown (Revised)
By Charles Gesner, Michael Mayer, Andrew Lippa, Charles M. Schulz
Directed by Susan Bradshaw
Musical Direction by Denise Marquette
Accompaniment by Dagmar Kilian
Produced by Shari Jakubiec and Terry Penney
Performance at the Sid Williams Theatre
December 26 at 2:00pm
December 27 at 7:30pm
December 28 at 7:30pm
December 29 at 7:30pm
December 30 at 7:30pm
December 31 at 2:00pm
We are excited to announce our cast!
Charlie Brown – Ross Foster
Sally Brown – Erin Foster
Lucy – Jessica Wegg
Linus- Nik Strilets
Schroeder – Ryver Santos
Snoopy – Halle Weyler
Throughout rehearsals and performances all Covid-19 protocols will be strictly followed.
Girl in the Goldfish Bowl
by Morris Panych
Directed by Catherine Hannon
Produced by Terry Penney and Eric Macdonald
Courtenay Little Theatre rehearsal space,
2683 Moray Avenue, Units A & B, Courtenay
Friday, Dec 10
Information session and audition sign up 7.30-8.30 PM
Saturday, Dec 11
Individual auditions. 2-5 PM, 15 minutes each, scene work (sides provided)
Sunday, Dec 12 -2-5 PM
(half hour call backs for selected actors)
- All attendees must be double vaccinated and present their vaccination cards.
- You may obtain a copy of the script and/or audition scenes in advance of the auditions from Terry Penney, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions or cannot make the times above, please contact Catherine Hannon c/o email@example.com
- Rehearsal Dates: January 8- March 26, 2022, 1-3 times per week, 2 evenings and one weekend afternoon.
- Sid Williams Theatre, Courtenay March 31-April 9, 2022
- Theatre BC, North Island Zone Festival, 1 performance, week of May 15-21, 2022, Sid Williams Theatre, Courtenay
- Possible performance at Theatre BC Mainstage Festival, week of July 8-16, Vernon, BC
A comedy set in October, 1962, during the Cuban Missile crisis, Girl in the Goldfish Bowl tells the story of the last moments of childhood for Iris, a wise, irrepressible ten year old, who is trying to navigate the domestic crisis of her parents’ crumbling marriage even as the entire world teeters on the edge of nuclear war. When a mysterious stranger who closely resembles her beloved dead goldfish appears, Iris hopes he may be the answer to their problems. Set in a boarding house in a cannery town near Vancouver, this Governor General’s Award-winning comedy follows Iris’ journey full of hope, heartbreak and halibut with a quirky blend of humour and compassion.
IRIS (note: played by an adult), 10, precocious, curious, verbal, active and needy. Her goal is to keep her family together.
SYLVIA, 30-40, IRIS’ non-maternal mother, trapped by marriage and motherhood, trying to leave the family.
OWEN, 30-40, a war vet, unemployed, escaping his pain through drugs and physics. Loves Sylvia.
MR. LAWRENCE, 25-45, an anxious, sensitive, and confused stranger who may or may not be a poet, lunatic and/or criminal.
ROSE, 40-50, a cynical, hard drinking, opportunistic boarder who has her eyes on OWEN. Works at the cannery by day, parties hard at the Legion at night.