Courtenay Little Theatre Society (CLT) operates as a non-profit charitable organization that is committed to providing a respectful, ethical, and safe environment in all locations where work is being conducted or performed.
Accordingly, all members of CLT are required to adhere to the following code of conduct at all times when participating in CLT events, meetings, and activities.
- Be respectful towards others.
- Treat property and facilities belonging to and/or used by CLT with care.
- Attend to CLT duties on time as scheduled, and make every effort to notify the person in charge when unable to meet a scheduled commitment.
- Exercise prudent precautions when conducting CLT activities to preserve personal safety and the safety of others.
- Avoid exhibiting behaviour which could be reasonably construed as discrimination or harassment, and do not engage in activities which are illegal, improper, or in conflict with CLT’s interests.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of any personal or CLT information acquired through participation in CLT activities.
- Refrain from use of CLT assets and/or information for personal benefit or for the benefit of other persons or entities.
- Respect all relevant environmental and legal regulations.
- Report to the CLT board any observed or suspected violations of the code of conduct by another member.
- Comply with the CLT policies on Drug and Alcohol Use and Respectful Safe Work Space. CLT has a zero tolerance policy prohibiting the use of drugs and alcohol during rehearsals and performances.
- Refrain at all times, while participating in CLT functions, from the following:
- harassing, disruptive or threatening behaviour,
- physical violence towards another member or member of the public,
- disclosure of private and/or confidential information (verbal or written) without permission, and
- any behaviour that may pose a risk to the safety and reputation of CLT, and/or its members, contractors, volunteers and patrons.