Courtenay Little Theatre Society is committed to providing a respectful and safe environment for volunteers, contractors, and staff in all locations where work is being conducted or performed.
In order for this policy to succeed, we ask that all those who work with Courtenay Little Theatre must
- be respectful of others at all times,
- treat property and facilities belonging to Courtenay little Theatre and others with care,
- attend their duties on time as scheduled and make every effort to notify the person in charge when unable to meet a scheduled commitment,
- take all prudent precaution in every activity to ensure their safety and the safety of others,
- avoid exhibiting behaviour which could be reasonably construed as discrimination or harassment and not engage in activities which are illegal, improper, or in conflict with Courtenay Little Theatre Society’s interests
- maintain confidentiality of personal information obtained within the process of their work and not use this information to further their own private interest or the interest of their friends or relatives,
- respect environmental and legal protocol and adhere to local policies including non-smoking areas at all time, and
- adhere to Courtenay Little Theatre Drug and Alcohol Use policy.
CLT has a zero tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol during rehearsals and performances.
- All cast, crew, and production team members are to be clean and sober for all rehearsals, performances, and production meetings.
- Any person knowing of or suspecting an infraction of this policy must immediately report it to the stage manager.
- If the stage manager deems that there has been a policy infraction, the individual will be instructed to leave.
- The stage manager will promptly notify the director and producers of the infraction.
- Prior to the next rehearsal, a meeting will be arranged with the individual, stage manager, director and producers, where it will be determined, under what condition, if any, the individual may be allowed to return to the company.
This Alcohol and Drug Use Policy will be written on the audition form, presented at the first audition meeting, explained to others auditioning later on an individual basis and at the Meet and Greet that includes cast, crew, and production team. Producers will also inform all team leaders and they are responsible to inform their teams of CLT’s Drug and Alcohol Use Policy.
Any member knowing of or suspecting an infraction of this policy are encouraged to report to a board member.